With 5th November fast approaching please remember that your pets may not be as enthusiastic about all the noise as you are. Here are a few ideas to help you make them as comfortable as possible:
- Build them a fort to hide in. Find a big comfy box & line it with your pet’s favourite blanket & toys. Put it underneath a table or in the corner of the room so they can curl up & feel safe.
- If you have a dog try to have walkies during daylight so your pup can feel safe in their familiar territory at home when the noise starts up.
- For outdoor pets like rabbits & guinea pigs I find a few treats & extra bedding to hide in works wonders.
- If you have birds or small cage dwelling animals covering the cage mutes the sound of the fireworks & keeps them calmer.
- For dogs & cats you could try a plug in like Adaptil or Feliway they are best used for a day or two beforehand so best to get it now.
I hope these tips help your pets to make the best of Bonfire Night.